Data Classification & Protection - Integration with the main SolutionsAre you optimizing your classification strategy?
Avoid information leakage by labelling data and automating the protection
Identify the business value in structured data at the time of content creation, or once it is stored. It allows to separate the information that is public or less relevant for the business from the sensitive information whose filtration or loss can cause problems to the documentation.
Divide information into pre-defined groups or categories that share a common risk. These groups must have security controls and associated restrictions. The more sensitive and valuable the business documentation, the more restrictions or controls. For an optimal classification strategy SealPath helps you automating the protection of the labelled data with restrictions associated for each type of label.
Improve your classification strategy
Labelling makes the user more aware of the importance of the data they are managing, but the goal of avoid or minimize information leakage is lost if control and protection mechanisms are not included to prevent these previously classified data from being lost.
An information classification tool alone does not protect the information, nor does it control access to it when the information managed is sensitive.
Automate the classification and protection
SealPath is able to access file metadata and interpret the classification level. This is true for both documents accessed by users and documents stored on file servers, or document managers. This integration allows you to join SealPath protection policies with classification tags.
Once the SealPath classification label and protection policy are linked, files classified with these labels are automatically protected.
Easy integration with any classification tool
SealPath can be integrated with GetVisibility, Boldon James, Titus, Microsoft MIP, Tukan IT, Janus, etc. Although it works with some of them using APIs, being able to interpret the metadata of the files can automatically protect information classified by these tools.
It also allows integration with automatic data classification solutions that work with file metadata such as McAfee DLP. Also with other DLPs such as ForcePoint or Symantec.
Secure your Data Stored in Repositories
When SealPath for File Servers monitors certain folders on a file server, or on a user machine, if a document labeled “Internal Use” is detected, it is automatically protected.
A persistent protection that travels with the data so that, even if they have been downloaded, you can still have control over them in the same way you have when they are in the repository.
Benefits of the Integration
- Manage the protection of large volumes of information on file servers that have previously been classified.
- Make the most of the classification solutions not only manual, but automatic.
- Automate protection based on the classification level without the user having to intervene to protect the document.
- Comply with the ultimate goal of a classification strategy, protecting data to minimize information loss.
Apply effective data controls
- Track the use of sensitive information wherever you travel: Know who accessed it, if someone tried to access it without permission, and so on.
- Allow the most sensitive documentation to travel with persistent protection that accompanies it wherever it travels even when it has left the perimeter of the company.
- Revoke access to the document to certain people internal or external to the organization when needed and in real time. The file can still be classified in the same way, but we can decide in real time who can access and who cannot.